Sunday, April 1, 2012

Urban Development now Available

Hey everyone! Urban Development is now available at RPG Now. Urban Developments does for your cities and towns what Grain Into Gold did for their economies - and it does it in almost the same manner. It starts you out at the most basic concept - Why do you want to create this community? - and it takes you all the way through crafting a complete and realistic place for your world. I love how this works! I have been fretting over the thing for a couple years now trying to get it just right, and I am now content that I have gotten there. It even has you use decisions made in the Terrain and Climate chapter to determine what type of military forces you would have. After all, if they live on a plain with relatively few trees, are they really using long bows? Probably not, because there aren’t that many of the right types of trees. Anyway - please go check it out! We’ll post an update when it is available on e23. (RPG Now is entirely automated, so I can put stuff out there whenever I want. e23 requires human intervention, so, I have to wait for them to be at work. Please don’t think I favor one distributor over another!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that sounds neat, thanks. I'm a huge fan of Grain Into Gold and just found out you have a blog today! I hope to give Urban Development a whirl soon. Does it allow for more indigenuous rural communities and villages as well, or does it, as its namesake suggests, always have a town or city at endpoint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thrilled you are so excited. Urban Developments uses the same splits as 100 Towns did: farming communities, villages, towns and cities - all dependent on size. I think you will be very happy with the "Numbers and Measures" on the smaller communities, because we did the math on how big they need to be to get a: priest, sheriff, miller/finisher, and stores.

      Delete
    2. Excellent, thank you! Now I'm doubly excited for this (and Coins Of The Road too).

      Delete
  2. Urban Developments is now available on e23 as well: http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=BEN3650.

    ReplyDelete